Our New Site

Simply Reem

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Sloppy Sandwiches



Christmas is right here, the tree is out and sparkling with lights and ornaments, stockings are monogrammed and hanging, gifts are wrapped to perfection, menu has been decided, in short everything is organised. Honestly apart from the tree nothing absolutely nothing is done, yes I am getting my panic attacks but still why on the earth its so hard for me to become picture perfect organised human around holidays. Don't get wrong ideas I am a pretty organised person in everyday life but for holidays I have to blame my holidays hormones, yes believe me we women have different hormones for every moment in our life. I don't care whether the whole medical fraternity totally prove me wrong on this, ask my husband he is living proof of my hormonal moments and will never argue on this with me.

Anyway among all this last moment craziness I still crave all kinds of favorite food of mine, yes the more crazier it gets the more favorites are added to my already enormously long list of food. So I decided to indulge in everyone favorite today " Sloppy Joe's", yummmmmmm. I added green to my beef and had it with whole wheat bread. Trust me these one are good not only to taste but also good for you and come together really fast.

Ingredients-
  • Beef Minced 90% lean 1/2 lbs
  • Diced Tomato 3/4 of 14.5 oz can
  • Tomato Paste 1 Tbsp
  • Onion Chopped 1 Cup
  • Celery Chopped 1/2 Cup
  • Spinach Chopped 3 cups
  • Ginger Paste 1 tsp
  • Garlic Paste 1 tsp
  • Paprika 1/2 tsp
  • Coriander Powder 2 tsp
  • Salt 1/2 tsp or as per taste
  • Black Pepper 1 tsp
  • Oil 2-3 Tbsp
  • Whole Wheat bread ( you can use anything here.)
  • Water 3-4 Tbsp
  • Lime juice 1 tsp (optional)
Method-

Heat oil in a saute pan and add chopped onion, let the onion get little translucent then add celery and keep sauteing both till celery also start to get little pale. Add beef and let it cook with onion and celery till it start to get brown, add ginger and garlic paste, salt and cook everything on low medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Keep stirring the beef and make sure nothing stick to pan. Now add coriander powder, paprika and black pepper and stir everything for about 1 minute. Put diced tomatoes, tomato paste in the pan and cook everything stirring all the time for 2-3 mins. Finally add spinach and water, mix everything together and cook it on medium low heat covered for about 10 mins keep checking and stirring 2-3 times while its cooking to make sure nothing is sticking to bottom of pan and getting burned. When done the water will almost dry out, turn off the heat I like to sprinkle little lime juice but this is totally up to you. I like to eat it with whole wheat bread, I slightly toast my slices again this is also as per your choice, you can use burger buns, hot dog buns anything. Serve hot and Enjoy.


0 comments:

All images and content of blog Fusion Kebabs are copyright protected.All rights reserved.Reem.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected